Two weeks into the 2020 Tobacco Marketing Season over US$10 million from the sales of the leaf.

At the close of business on 2nd May 2020, out of 6 178 257 Kilograms so far sold at the three Tobacco Selling Floors of Kanengo, Chinkhoma and Limbe;94.5% was Burley while 5.5% was FCV.

In terms of revenue, US$9 650 808.19 was realized from Burley, representing 92% while FCV raked in US$839 260.71, representing 8%. Overall;93% of the tobacco sold was through Contract while the remaining 7% was on Auction sale.

The Minister of Agriculture and Food Security Hon.Francis Kasaila inspecting tobacco sales at the Floors

TC CEO,Kayisi Sadala briefing the media on the progress of the Tobacco markets

Tobacco Commission Officials sharing notes on the progress of Tobacco sales

TAMA Growers Association President