The Tobacco Control Commission invites applications from suitably qualified internal candidates to fill the internal vacant position of Principal Classifier tenable at Limbe Divisional Office.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
The Principal Classifier shall be accountable to the Chief Classifier and responsible for classification of all types of tobacco, and for the supervision and coordination of all the activities of tobacco classifiers on the selling floors as well as the office. The function falls under the purview of the Technical Operations Department.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
The Principal Classifier shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise tobacco classifiers at the floors and office;
- Check and correct tobacco grades awarded by the Commission Classifiers ahead of sale;
- Maintain orderly marketing of tobacco at a sale through the correct interpretation and enforcing of Tobacco Marketing rules and regulations;
- Standardize classification of tobacco by assisting in the training of classifiers through random sample and theory tests and holding appropriate discussions;
- Compile sales performance reports and any necessary and required reports;
- Carry out liaison and public relations activities with all stakeholders on the sale on behalf of the Commission;
- Lead crop assessment teams and guarantee that accurate data is collected and compiled on time;
- Carry out an unbiased monthly midyear and end of year performance appraisal exercise for all junior staff;
- Assist the Chief Classifier with any other assignments and tasks as may be required from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The desired incumbent must possess at least Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture with at least five years experience in the tobacco industry, more specifically in tobacco classification.
The desired candidate must meet the following person specifications or attributes:
- Must possess excellent supervisory and leadership skills;
- Must possess technical skills in tobacco classification;
- Strong report writing skills;
- Self-motivated, innovative and a self-starter and be able to make on-the-spot decisions;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to negotiate terms with people at different levels.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested persons with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their applications under confidential either by post or e-mail, enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae with names and contact details of Three Traceable Referee by 20th April, 2018 to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Tobacco Control Commission,
P.O. Box 40045,