INTERNAL VACANCY/ CHIEF CLASSIFIER
The Tobacco Control Commission invites applications from suitably qualified internal candidates to fill the internal vacant position of Chief Classifier tenable at the Commission’s Head Office.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Technical Operations, the Chief Classifier shall be responsible for implementing, overseeing and managing all work schedules for tobacco classification in the Commission. The incumbent shall be expected to carry out the following duties:-
- Implementing, enforcing and maintaining a high level of professionalism in all the undertakings by Classifiers during selling of tobacco and classification in particular;
- Overseeing and standardizing classification and pest inspection by maintaining and enforcing requirements of the recommended classification procedures uniformly at all tobacco selling points.;
- Liaising with all stakeholders on issues related to classification concerns vis-à-vis the implementation of the Tobacco Act;
- Coordinating and training of new Trainee Classifiers/Arbitrators (recruits);
- To timely produce comprehensive routine and adhoc reports with recommendations on the progress of tobacco sales and classification;
- Planning and coordinating the running of courses for buyers, auction floors staff and other interested stakeholders prior to the opening of tobacco sales;
- Overseeing the equitable efficient and effective deployment of classifiers during crop assessment exercise including the production of timely and accurate reports;
- Coordinating farmer training and demonstrations during the farmer outreach program through the coordination of training resources;
- Liaising with appropriate training institutions and organizations to finalise required collaboration in the provision of training and training resources for classification.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by Management from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:-
The desired candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications:-
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture plus a Certificate in Tobacco Classification
- Five years post qualifications experience in the tobacco field, more especially in tobacco classification.
- Must possess leadership and managerial skills;
- Must possess classification skills;
- Must possess Public Relations skills;
- Strong report writing skills;
- Self-motivated, innovative and self-starter (work with minimum supervision) and be able to meet deadlines;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested persons with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their applications under confidential either by post or e-mail, enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae with names and contact details of Three Traceable Referee by 20th April, 2018 to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Tobacco Control Commission,
P.O. Box 40045,